Peter Oxendale is a fully accredited Expert Witness and is trained as a SJE (Single Joint Expert). Peter Oxendale Music Services Ltd. provides both verbal consultations as well as written reports dealing with many areas of music copyright, including the following:
- Copyright infringement in musical works and issues of plagiarism
- Copyright infringement in lyrics and issues of plagiarism
- Copyright infringement in sound recordings
- Sound recording analysis and audio sampling matters in general
- Prior art and Common or Public Domain music and lyrics research
- Joint authorship and song writer disputes
- Copyright advice on “style-alikes” and “sound-alikes”
- Matters relating to depositions, trials, the courts, evidence, arbitration and mediation in the UK and internationally
- Piracy of sound recordings
Our client list includes advertising agencies, record companies, publishers, management companies, artists, songwriters and producers and extends to the UK, the Republic of Ireland, Europe, South Africa, India, Scandinavia, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the USA.
In a career spanning over 40 years, Peter Oxendale has been providing advice on almost all aspects of music copyright and he is considered to be one of the leading experts in the field. He takes instructions on a case-by-case basis and is able to provide advice with regard to all matters relating to music copyright.
All matters are treated in the strictest confidence and on a case-by-case basis.
PETER OXENDALE’S CV
For a full copy of Peter Oxendale’s CV, please click here.
Peter Oxendale is a forensic musicologist and fully accredited expert witness.
Carolyn Oxendale assists in research for music copyright related matters.
James Oxendale is a trainee forensic musicologist and assists in music research.